Online Giving at OCC
Giving is a part of our worship. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). Among the many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give, one that should move your heart most directly is because it makes us more like Christ. Giving is a vital part of following Jesus. When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to Christ’s image as an unselfish giver.
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
Ways to Give
Remember, in order to receive the appropriate documentation you need for tax purposes your name and address must be clearly identifiable on your check. If you are giving for the first time, pleasure ensure your name and mailing address are on the envelope (available at the welcome centre).
- Place your gifts in an offering basket during any worship service
- Give Online via PayPal (note: donations through PayPal will be deducted by 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction – this portion is not receiptable – i.e. on a $300 donation, $291 will come to OCC and be receipted by the end of February of the following year).
- Mail your contribution to the church office
- email us if you need assistance.