We are reading Matthew 27:62-66. You can find it here.
It’s a day when not much happens. The tomb is guarded. The disciples are huddled behind doors. Mourning. Wondering. Feeling lost.
Most of us don’t give a lot of thought to the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Except maybe for this year.
- It feels more real doesn’t it.
- It feels like we have lost so much.
- We feel so cut off.
- We wonder…
- what’s next? (we are not sure)
- how long will this last? (probably longer than we think)
- will things get back to normal? (I think a lot of things will change)
- what’s going to happen to my job, to my savings, to school, to… (a lot of questions with few answers at this time)
- It’s easy to get caught up in all this
- It’s OK to acknowledge the loss
- It’s good to recognize what we are missing
- But don’t waste the time… dig deep into God’s presence and his word.
- where have you been reading?
- what has God been teaching you?
- Remember, that even though the disciples thought that Saturday was the end of the story…
- It wasn’t!