Life is hard at the best of times. It is extra hard under Covid-19 restrictions.
We need each other. We are not meant to live this life on our own.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer in his classic book on community, Life Together, points us away from human idealism and toward the divine reality of the community Jesus has actually made.
- It’s not our place to make community.
- It’s our place to see and recognize and live in and nurture the community that Jesus has made us to be.
- And what that means is that we should stop being so high minded and idealistic (which really leads to disdain for the people we’re “stuck” with) and get on with loving the community God has made and put us in.
Under Covid-19 restrictions, we can’t meet in person, but we can meet online.
To help us get into the text and provide resources for our LIFEGroup discussions, let me encourage you to check out…
- “into the text” Each Friday, several ways of looking at the text – reading, music, spoken word, visual media will be posted under https://occweb.org/news-and-updates/
- Sunday morning (8am on-line – 10am in-person) we meet to worship and look at the scriptures.
- The sermon page will have all the links to the various resources and questions for LIFEGroup interaction: https://occweb.org/sermons/
Let us know that you are interested & we will send you the zoom link
- Wednesday @ 8pm [beginning January 19]
- Thursday @ 7pm [beginning January 13]
- If these dates & times don’t work for you, let us know & we will help launch a new group