OCC is looking for a part-time Youth-Worship person
POSITION: PART-TIME YOUTH & WORSHIP LEADER/PASTOR
WHO IS OCC?
Orillia Community Church has been part of the Orillia community for more than 20 years. OCC’s passion has always been to serve its community and help people encounter the love of God in real and practical ways. We strive to be an inter-generational family who connect with God and each other as we grow in our faith. Our facility is a former cinema located in the downtown core. OCC is part of the network of Vision Ministries of Canada churches.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
Providing leadership to OCC’s youth and worship ministries by:
- Being with and ministering to youth (Grades 6 through 12) and helping them take the next steps in their relationship with the Lord
- Overseeing and developing our Sunday worship teams
- Seeing both youth and worship ministries as belonging to an authentic community of faith, and helping people become fully committed followers of Jesus
- Being an active part of OCC in revisioning and rebuilding ministries to serve the Orillia community post-pandemic
WHO IS THE IDEAL PERSON FOR THIS ROLE?
Traits and Skills:
- Strong and consistent personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Emotional maturity
- Love for youth and spending time with them and a passion for teaching and leading students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – a team player
- Excels at ministry innovation and implementation
- A passionate heart for worship and leading others in worship
- Experience in planning, preparing and leading worship and developing worship teams
- Instrumental and vocal proficiency
- Preference given to those with formal musical training and theological training
- Teach, disciple and minister to the youth of OCC, connecting with their families and friends
- Help youth take the next steps on their spiritual journey and realize their full identity and potential in God
- Cultivate a hospitable, fun, creative and safe environment at weekly youth gatherings
- Mentor youth in using their gifts and abilities in serving God and others
- Serve as the primary worship leader and lead engaging, God-honoring Sunday morning worship a minimum of two times a month
- Lead and/or provide support for worship team practices
- Schedule the worship teams for Sunday ministry
- Identify, recruit, equip and mentor new worship team members and leaders
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION?
Salary is based on a 20-hour week, with approximately 70% of those hours dedicated to youth ministry and 30% dedicated to worship. There is some flexibility in work hours, but the Youth & Worship Leader will be required to be available on Sunday mornings and some week-day evenings.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your email resume to email@example.com. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Resumes will be received until 30 April 2023.