We trust and pray that as you read and listen that you will be blessed.
Today we are continuing in our series looking at Faithful Practices
- last month we focused on the Table of the Lord | Communion | Eucharist
- last week we looked at Reconciliation.
We encourage you to take a few minutes as you prepare to watch the video
- sit still,
- breathe in, breath out a couple of times
- invite the Lord to make himself present with you as you watch – he is with you – it’s just that sometimes we are not aware that he is.
- prepare your heart to listen and receive
- Read Romans 5:1-5 as you enter into our time together.
In this new way of being the church, we don’t practice giving by placing our offering in a basket as it is passed.
OCCers are generous people. Thank you for your gifts.
- Some of you give when you attend a service (there is an offering box)
- Many give online – etransfer or paypal
- Others mail or drop off cheques
You can find all the ways you can give here.
You can find our financial update here.
We are partnering with the Lighthouse to host the distribution of winter clothing. We are looking for donations of clothing, especially children and youth sizes. There is also an opportunity to greet and help people find what they need. Distribution will be on Monday and Tuesday afternoons. Contact Judi Page for all the details.
worship & teaching
OCCs Annual General Meeting will be held tonight, Sunday, 15 November @ 4pm
We will be meeting both in person at OCC and via zoom. You can find the details here.
There is NO Zoom Prayer tonight
OCCKids & Youth
OCCkids are meeting in Theatre 1 @ 10am (during our morning service). Additional resources for those who cannot be present are available from pastor Brent.
- OCCYouth are meeting every 2nd Friday nights (6:30-8:00pm)They are meeting next week: November 20
- Jr High meets every 2nd Thursday night (6:30-8:00pm). They are meeting nextweek, November 26.
- More details are available here.
One of the best ways to learn how to live out the text is to be part of a LIFEGroup.
Over the next few weeks, our LIFEGroups are going to be unpacking these practices we are exploring on Sunday morning.
It’s not too late to get connected. You can get all the information to get connected here.
Discussion questions, the PowerPoint show and other resources are posted on the sermon page.
reading the Gospel of John
During the month of November, we want to read through the Gospel of John together. We have designed this reading plan so that we have a couple of days to catch up each week – i.e. we will read 21 chapters in 30 days.
We encourage you to share what stands out to you, what God’s Spirit makes come alive to you as you read. Share what you are learning or being reminded of in the comments on the post on this page.
You can download a copy of the reading plan here. It’s never too late to start.