In this time… I’m never sure if everything changes or if nothing changes.
We get confused as to what day, sometimes what month or season it is.
But in all this, God is with us.
Currently, OCC is not meeting in-person, but OCC is meeting on-line.
Whether you think the restrictions are good or not
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to be different and to live differently in this world.
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to live lives that are empowered by God’s Spirit and so be signs and a foretaste of what the Jesus life is like.
- Whenever new regulations are passed and new laws come down, we are reminded by Paul in Galatians 5 that there are some things against which there is no law. As followers of Jesus we exercise our freedom – our freedom to live out love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Those are the things against which there is no law.
This is what it looks like to live as one who is truly free.
We encourage you to take a few moments as you prepare to watch the video…
- get your coffee or tea, settle in, be still…
- take 2 or 3 deep breaths… in and out… breathe,
- invite the Lord to make himself present with you as you watch – he is with you – it’s just that often we are not aware that he is,
- prepare your heart to listen and receive.
- Read 1 Peter 2:1-10 as you prepare for our time together.
Here is the service for Sunday 9 May.
Brooke Nicolls leads us in worship.
Pastor Mike’s message is from 1 Peter 2
The PowerPoint show and study notes can be found on our sermon page.
OCCkids is meeting online at @9:30am
Meeting ID: 851 0782 7409
Meeting ID: 743 7565 5475
zoom prayer https://zoom.us/j/99544541247?pwd=cU9idG1RNzB3bjdZS3RUdThOalQydz09
Meeting ID: 995 4454 1247
In this new way of being the church, we don’t practice giving by placing our offering in a basket as it is passed. OCCers are generous people. Thank you for your gifts.
- Many give online – etransfer or paypal
- Others mail or drop off cheques
You can find all the ways you can give here.