If you haven’t been reading with us, or you have fallen behind, let me encourage you to start with the Gospel of Luke this week. We start into the gospel on Wednesday (5 July) with chapter 1.
5 x 5 x 5
- about 5 minutes per day
- 5 chapters a week (1 chapter a day)
- 5 ways to draw you deeper into the text
These exercises will encourage meditation. Try a single idea for a week to find what works best for you. Remember to keep a pen and paper ready to capture God’s insights.
- Underline or highlight keywords or phrases in the Bible passage. Use a pen or highlighter to mark new discoveries from the text.
- Put it in your own words. Read the passage or verse slowly, then rewrite each phrase or sentence using your own words.
- Ask and answer questions. Questions unlock new discoveries and meanings. Ask questions about the passage using these words: who, what, why, when, where, or how. Jot down your answers to these questions.
- Capture the big idea. God’s Word communicates big ideas. Periodically ask: What’s the big idea in this sentence, paragraph, or chapter?
- Personalize the meaning. Respond as God speaks to you through the Scriptures. Ask: How could my life be different today as I respond to what I’m reading?
Here’s the link to the reading schedule or check out the posts on Facebook