Everything changes in this age of pandemic.
As a province, we are under a “stay-at-home” order.
This week we are able to gather in person (at 15% capacity). Next Sunday, we won’t meet in person. We will be limited to 10 people.
It is so easy to get sucked into the criticisms, complaining, sarcasm, and apathy that seems to be the default of much of our world.
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to be and live differently in this world.
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to live lives that are empowered by God’s Spirit and so show what the Jesus life is like.
- Whenever new regulations are passed and new laws come down, we are reminded by Paul in Galatians 5 that there are some things against which there is no law.
- As Christians, we need to exercise our freedom.
Our freedom to live out love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Those are the things against which there is no law.
This is what it looks like to live as one who is truly free.
We encourage you to take a few moments as you prepare to watch the video
- settle in, be still, get your coffee or tea,
- take 2 or 3 deep breaths… in and out breathe,
- invite the Lord to make himself present with you as you watch – he is with you – it’s just that often we are not aware that he is,
- prepare your heart to listen and receive.
- Read Psalm 67 as you enter into our time together.
Here is the service for Sunday 18 April.
The Adams: Dan, Sue, Sophie & Casey are leading us in worship today.
Pastor Mike’s message is from 1 Peter
The PowerPoint show, study notes, and “I am” statements can be found on our sermon page.
OCCkids is meeting online at @9:30am
Meeting ID: 851 0782 7409
Meeting ID: 743 7565 5475
zoom prayer https://zoom.us/j/99544541247?pwd=cU9idG1RNzB3bjdZS3RUdThOalQydz09
Meeting ID: 995 4454 1247
In this new way of being the church, we don’t practice giving by placing our offering in a basket as it is passed. OCCers are generous people. Thank you for your gifts.
- Some of you give when you attend a service (there is an offering box)
- Many give online – etransfer or paypal
- Others mail or drop off cheques
You can find all the ways you can give here.