Happy New Year. Welcome to a new year, a new decade.
Here are a few reminders.
You can always find out what is happening at OCC by checking our events page and our news and events page.
- You can share prayer requests and answers to prayer through the OCC Prayer Group on Facebook. Contact Melanie to be added to the group.
- Most months, the first Sunday night of the month is set aside for prayer and communion. Why not start 2020 off by joining us this Sunday, 4 January 2020 at 6:30pm for 1 hour.
Online giving is available through our online giving page. You can still make a year-end donation before the end of 2019.
Watch for details about one in 2020. In January we will be collecting food for The Sharing Place. They are always low after Christmas and New Years.
Reading Through the Bible in 2020
If you are planning on reading through the Bible in 2020, here is an excellent 5-day reading plan. It has several features I like:
- It covers the entire text of the Bible during the course of the year.
- It is a pseudo-chronological plan that takes you through the text of the Bible in roughly the order the events happened. For example, the Psalms come at appropriate moments in the life of David, the books of Kings and Chronicles are read in harmony. This helps us understand events in their historical context. While part of the reading is chronological, it’s only pseudo-chronological. There are Old Testament and New Testament readings each day and the gospels are interspersed through the year.
- It is a 5-day plan. I like a 5-day plan (as opposed to a 7-day plan) as there is always a chance to catch up.
- It is a free plan. They’ve got a nice little print-out you can download, print, fold in half, and put inside your Bible. It’s got boxes to tick as complete each day and each week.