Everything changes in this age of pandemic.
As a province, we are under a “stay-at-home” order.
Currently, we are not meeting in-person, but we are meeting on-line.
It is so easy to get sucked into the criticisms, complaining, sarcasm, and apathy that seems to be the default of much of our world.
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to be different and to live differently in this world.
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to live lives that are empowered by God’s Spirit and so be signs and a foretaste of what the Jesus life is like.
- Whenever new regulations are passed and new laws come down, we are reminded by Paul in Galatians 5 that there are some things against which there is no law. As followers of Jesus we exercise our freedom – our freedom to live out love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Those are the things against which there is no law.
This is what it looks like to live as one who is truly free.
We encourage you to take a few moments as you prepare to watch the video
- settle in, be still, get your coffee or tea,
- take 2 or 3 deep breaths… in and out breathe,
- invite the Lord to make himself present with you as you watch – he is with you – it’s just that often we are not aware that he is,
- prepare your heart to listen and receive.
- Read 1 Peter 1 as you prepare for our time together.
Here is the service for Sunday 2 May.
Alan & Elaine Jarvis lead us in worship.
Pastor Mike’s message is from 1 Peter
The PowerPoint show and study notes can be found on our sermon page.
OCCkids is meeting online at @9:30am
Meeting ID: 851 0782 7409
Meeting ID: 743 7565 5475
zoom prayer https://zoom.us/j/99544541247?pwd=cU9idG1RNzB3bjdZS3RUdThOalQydz09
Meeting ID: 995 4454 1247
In this new way of being the church, we don’t practice giving by placing our offering in a basket as it is passed. OCCers are generous people. Thank you for your gifts.
- Many give online – etransfer or paypal
- Others mail or drop off cheques
You can find all the ways you can give here.