We continue to meet on-line only, and will be for the next several weeks.
It is looking like 11 July could be the earliest date we can meet in person. Check occweb.org for any changes.
In this confusing, wearying time, when we are not sure what day of the week it is, or what the date is, we know that in the midst of all this, God is with us. We remember that no matter what anyone says, no matter what anyone posts on social media…
- as followers of Jesus, we are called to live differently and to be different in our world;
- as followers of Jesus, we are called to live lives that are filled with and empowered by God’s Spirit;
- we are called and equipped to be sign posts, and movie trailers, pointing to what the Jesus life is like.
- Whenever new regulations are passed and new laws come down, we are reminded by Paul in Galatians 5 that there are some things against which there is no law. As followers of Jesus, we exercise our freedom – our freedom to live out love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Those are the things against which there is no law. This is what it looks like to live as one who is truly free. This is to mark us, to characterize us, so that others will ask questions about why we have hope.
As you prepare to watch our service video, we encourage you to take a few moments…
- get your coffee or tea, settle in, be still…
- take 2 or 3 deep breaths… in and out… breathe,
- invite the Lord to make himself present with you as you watch – he is with you – it’s just that often we are not aware that he is,
- Read 1 Peter 4:1-11 as come to the service together.
Here is the service for Sunday 6 June.
Ray & Brenda, Emily, Aaron & Alan lead us in worship in song.
Pastor Mike’s message is from 1 Peter 4:1-11
The LIFEGroup notes can be found on our sermon page.
OCCkids is meeting online at @9:30am
Meeting ID: 851 0782 7409
Meeting ID: 743 7565 5475
zoom prayer https://zoom.us/j/99544541247?pwd=cU9idG1RNzB3bjdZS3RUdThOalQydz09
Meeting ID: 995 4454 1247
In this new way of being the church, we don’t practice giving by placing our offering in a basket as it is passed. OCCers are generous people. Thank you for your gifts.
- Many give online – etransfer or paypal
- Others mail or drop off cheques
You can find all the ways you can give here.