We live in a world that is full
- of hurt
- of pain
- of disappointment
- of things that cause stress and worry and anxiety.
As followers of Jesus, we are called to be and live differently in this world.
As followers of Jesus, we are called to be salt and light in this world.
As followers of Jesus, we are called to live lives that are empowered by God’s Spirit and so show what the Jesus life is like.
As followers of Jesus, we are called to grow in Christ, individually and together, in koinōnia – that shared life in the Spirit that includes:
- reading and thinking through Scripture,
- prayer – both praying for and praying with,
- serving the community – both the OCC community and those around us, and,
- caring for each other in love.
If you don’t really know Jesus, we trust and pray that as you connect, read, watch, you will be drawn into a relationship with Jesus.
If you are not yet a follower of Jesus, we pray that you will honestly seek and ask questions… watch for and sign up for online ALPHA after Easter.
We encourage you to take a few moments as you prepare to watch the video
- settle in, be still,
- take 2 or 3 deep breaths… in and out breathe,
- invite the Lord to make himself present with you as you watch – he is with you – it’s just that often we are not aware that he is,
- prepare your heart to listen and receive.
- Read Philippians 4 as you enter into our time together.
Here is the service for Sunday 7 March.
Judy & Stan Coates, Elaine & Alan Jarvis, & Aaron Gallea are leading us in worship today.
Pastor Mike’s message is from Philippians 4:6-7 – Anxiety
The study notes and all the other messages in this series can be found on our sermon page.
OCCkids is meeting online at @9:30am
Meeting ID: 851 0782 7409
Meeting ID: 743 7565 5475
zoom prayer https://zoom.us/j/99544541247?pwd=cU9idG1RNzB3bjdZS3RUdThOalQydz09
Meeting ID: 995 4454 1247
In order to help us connect and to help lead us into Lent and toward Easter,
we will be offering a short connecting time on Wednesday’s @ 1:30pm and 6:45pm.
You can find all the details here.
In this new way of being the church, we don’t practice giving by placing our offering in a basket as it is passed. OCCers are generous people. Thank you for your gifts.
- Some of you give when you attend a service (there is an offering box)
- Many give online – etransfer or paypal
- Others mail or drop off cheques
You can find all the ways you can give here.