We continue to meet on-line only, and will be for the next several weeks.
It looks like 11 July might be the earliest date we can meet in person.
In this confusing, wearying time, when we are not sure what day it is, we know that in the midst of all this, God is with us.
We remember that no matter what people say, no matter what people post on social media…
- as followers of Jesus, we are called to be different and to live differently in this world;
- as followers of Jesus, we are called to live lives that are empowered by God’s Spirit and so be signs and a foretaste of what the Jesus life is like.
- On this Pentecost Sunday, we remember that the Spirit of the Living God is at work.
- Whenever new regulations are passed and new laws come down, we are reminded by Paul in Galatians 5 that there are some things against which there is no law. As followers of Jesus, we exercise our freedom – our freedom to live out love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Those are the things against which there is no law. This is what it looks like to live as one who is truly free.
As you prepare to watch our service video, we encourage you to take a few moments…
- get your coffee or tea, settle in, be still…
- take 2 or 3 deep breaths… in and out… breathe,
- invite the Lord to make himself present with you as you watch – he is with you – it’s just that often we are not aware that he is,
- Read 1 Peter 3:1-7 as come to the service together.
Here is the service for Sunday 23 May.
The Adams: Dan, Sue, Sophia & Casey lead us in worship.
Pastor Mike’s message is from 1 Peter 3:1-7
The LIFEGroup notes can be found on our sermon page.
OCCkids is meeting online at @9:30am
Meeting ID: 851 0782 7409
Meeting ID: 743 7565 5475
zoom prayer https://zoom.us/j/99544541247?pwd=cU9idG1RNzB3bjdZS3RUdThOalQydz09
Meeting ID: 995 4454 1247
In this new way of being the church, we don’t practice giving by placing our offering in a basket as it is passed. OCCers are generous people. Thank you for your gifts.
- Many give online – etransfer or paypal
- Others mail or drop off cheques
You can find all the ways you can give here.