Welcome to OCC online
We invite you into listening to our God as you pray, as you enter into worship, as you read the Scripture. Listen and respond to him.
Palm Sunday Pandemic Prayer
Here is a link to worship songs for Palm Sunday, selected by pastor Brent.
Praying for others
- those at OCC & in our family and friendship circles with health needs, especially for those whose tests and procedures have been delayed.
- those at OCC & in our family and friendship circles who have family/friends in nursing homes and hospitals
- those at OCC & in our family and friendship circles with anxiety, depression and other mental health struggles
- those at OCC & in our family and friendship circles who have lost loved ones
- for all of those who are working in the health care field
- for those who are still working retail, so the rest of us can get the supplies we need
- for those who are learning to work from home, especially those who are learning to homeschool at the same time
- for children and youth whose lives are being changed
The Normal Christian Life… life is not normal… but we can enter into what God is working in us in this not normal time.
Here’s the song I referenced: Learning To Sit With Not Knowing – Carrie Newcomer
Lament… when you hear that word, what do you
In these days of lament when we are missing so much…
- what is God doing in your heart?
- what is God teaching you about himself?
Check out this page every day this week for Scripture and some reflection questions as we walk through Holy Week.
A reminder as well that we are meeting tonight (5 April) via Zoom at 6:30pm to prayer. Go to this post to get the link.
Who are the people around you who need reaching out to you in this season?
Are you connecting with them? Making some phone calls? Sending some messages?
Who are the people the Holy Spirit is nudging you… “give them a call… see if they need anything… find out how they are doing… do they need some encouragement, someone to talk to.“
All of this is part of the normal way of life for followers of Jesus, all of the time, but especially in a time that is anything but normal.
Giving – Finances
Expenses at OCC continue. The Leadership Team at OCC wants to thank you for your faithfulness in giving to the ministry of OCC.
There are several ways you can give during this time:
- You can drop your offering off at the OCC building, either when there is someone in the building or through the mail slot (in the front glass panel, nearest to the driveway).
- You can mail your offering to
64 Colborne St E
Orillia, ON, L3V 1T6
- You can give by e-transfer. Use the following email address when using e-transfer for your offering: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be asked to provide a security question and answer, however, you do not need to send this to OCC.
Our e-transfer is set up with security so that we can receive it automatically without needing to answer the question.
- You can give via PayPal. The easiest way to go to occweb.org/online-giving/ and click on the donate button.