Welcome to OCC online
- We are glad you joined us today
- The Coates family leads us in worship & pastor Mike reflects on Living in Babylon from Jeremiah 31
As we begin today, take a few minutes to be silent, to be still, to acknowledge that the Lord is with you.
Breathe in and breathe out.
And as you do that, invite God’s presence to be real… he is with you, but ask him to make him real in these moments.
Then thank him, that he is indeed with you.
Worship with the Coates & Message from pastor Mike
Steve Bell song
Here’s the Steve Bell song I quoted at the end of the message
Join us tonight at 6:30pm as we pray together on zoom… Login details are here.
Here are some prayer items
- Our front line workers in hospitals and longterm care home.
- Our political leaders: federal, provincial, local as they make decisions. Prayer that the process of responding to COVID-19 will not be politicized.
- Seasonal / migrant workers who contribute much to the availability of our local food. They are coming to Canada from many countries, leaving their family, exposing themselves to risk. Powerless to enact physical distancing, sharing living spaces, kitchens and tools. May we have gratitude for their efforts and pray protection from COVID-19.
- For those who wrestle with anxiety and depression.
- For those parents who are struggling with teaching their children at home.
- For those who are struggling financially.
- For Muslims during Ramadan that Jesus would show up in their dreams and draw them to himself.
Thank you for your faithful giving.
All the details about how to give can be found here.
Zoom CIRCLE UP groups
Don’t forget to sign up for a Zoom Small Group… starting this week… Wednesday afternoon, evening, or Thursday morning.
God of infinite mercy, hear our prayer!
In this time of bewilderment and uncertainty, we ask you to give us the courage to take care of one another as Jesus did. For those who are ill, especially those who are frightened and alone, for those who have had medical appointments and tests and surgeries postponed, for those who are homeless and lost, hear our prayer!
In the midst of our sadness and grief, we ask you to give us words to comfort one another. For those who are dying, for those who tend them and for those with no one to tend them, hear our prayer!
In the midst of our own anxiety we ask you to give us the courage to support one another as you would. For those who are unexpectedly unemployed, for employers who share what they can, for our government and financial institutions and those who lead them, hear our prayer!
In the midst of our struggle to ensure a healthy future for all who live on this planet, we ask you to give us the hope that surpasses our current understanding. For healthcare workers, spiritual leaders and our faith communities, for artists and poets, for prophets and teachers, hear our prayer!
In the midst of our growing awareness that all life on Earth is connected, we ask for the heart to respect and cherish all life. That all peoples recognize that we are all your children, hear our prayer!
We trust in you and your power working in us. Thank you that you hear and answer our prayers.