Welcome to OCC online. This is our first attempt at this. Be patient. We are learning.
We invite you into listening to our God as you pray, as you enter into worship, as you read the Scripture. Listen and respond to him.
- One of the marks of followers of Jesus is our steadfast assurance that God is still on the throne.
- Someone said, “If we get through this, you can be sure that God exists“.
My response is, “I am sure that God exists, so we will get through this“.
- Take some time to express your praise and thanks to our Lord
- Here is a link to worship songs After a week like we have just experienced, we need to be still and a little more reflective.
Praying for others
- those at OCC & in our circles with health needs
- those at OCC & in our circles with anxiety, depression and other mental health struggles
- of of those who are working in the health care field
- politicians who are making hard decisions
The Normal Christian Life & Love
Who are the people around you who need reaching out to you in this season?
Who are the people the Holy Spirit is nudging you… “give them a call… see if they need anything… find out how they are doing… do they need some encouragement, someone to talk to.“
There is, of course, much more to say on this. And much more to say on this normal way of life for followers of Jesus in a time that is anything but normal. What I’m going to do, is break the rest of the teaching down into some short segments and post them every couple of days.
Let me suggest 2 things:
- Ask the question posted above… and then give someone or 2 or 3 a call.
- As I lead us into looking at how Jesus made a central part of his ministry, teaching his followers, his disciples, how to live in the way of God, read the sermon on the mount – Matthew 5-7, and read the last supper discourse – John 14-16. There is so much there in describing how we are to live.
When evil darkens our world, give us light.
When despair numbs our souls, give us hope.
When we stumble and fall, lift us up.
When doubts trouble us, give us faith.
When nothing seems sure, give us trust.
When ideals fade, give us vision.
When we lose our way, be our guide!
That we may find deep peace in Your presence, and purpose in doing Your will.